Zoom lenses resolve many obstacles confronted by machine vision applications. Extremely versatile variable zoom lenses with resolutions down to 0.82 microns and a zoom range of 12:1 accommodate a changing field-of-view providing an incredible magnification range. To achieve the same result without a zoom lens, a system would require multiple fixed focal length lenses.
- Ability to change magnification without changing working distance
- Perform over a range of working distances while also providing the same magnification
- Tackle the most demanding applications, such as: BGA inspection and die bonding
- Complex optical and opto-mechanical designs
- Zoom lenses cost much more than their fixed focal length counterparts, requiring a knowledgeable cost-benefit analysis per application